Forecasters have just upgraded Tropical Storm Harvey to a Category 1 hurricane, and it is expected to make landfall tomorrow. Computer models have already suggested it will increase to a Category 3 hurricane by landfall and could drop a dozen or more inches of rain in less than a day, posing risks of severe flooding and storm damage all along the coast.
If you have disaster-related requests for food, clothing, evacuation/transportation assistance, or other immediate assistance, please use the following numbers:
Additional disaster resources are also available on the Texas Prepares site from the Texas Department of State Health Services (http://www.texasprepares.org/default.htm), or the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs website (http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/disaster-resources/index.htm).
You can also look to the following links for helpful information:
- Hurricane Preparedness Tips from DPS
- Emergency Supply Kit List from DPS
- What to do Before and During Major Storms
- Emergency Documents to Prepare
- Evacuation Routes Across Texas
- Texas Emergency Preparedness Site for All Information